Friday, December 02, 2005

I've got arcade money in the pocket on my 'roos.


I was raised as a videogame player. I quickly went from Atari 2600 to an Atari 800XL and a 1200 baud modem. Those were the days of using the same MCI 5-digit long distance access code for years. Things changed. MCI changed codes, Sprint went up to 9 digits. Codes still abounded across the BBS's. I spent many hours in the arcades, were I was a winner. Recently I had a hankering to play 'Raid On Bungeling Bay' on the C64. So, I get my c64 emulator setup and I'm there, back in 1984. Then I had a notion to play some obscure old video game, such as Mr. Do! or Space Duel. So I loaded up MAME emulator and downloaded whatever games i desired from ROMNANTION. That place is wonderful. Get all yer emulator fixes there.
My favorites are Chiller, Gunbird, and the dancerrific Moonwalker. You really should learn how to get all of it setup just to play a shooting gallery that consists of a dungeon torture chaber (chiller).

No comments: