Thursday, March 27, 2008

Things I like and approve of #1

I'm gonna give you something. It's something that has a intangible value of time invested. I'm going to share some things I like. Many of these things I have chosen after much research and extensive testing. So, here's a gift of time.

1. The BrookStone USB MP3 shower radio.

I know, it's Brookstone, you know, that store in the mall that sells every little gadget for everything.
This unit has a watertight USB port for a flash drive, AM/FM and clock. It sounds good, too. The only features it doesn't have is shuffle and folder navigation, but for a waterproof USB player, its very good. Portable too, take it to the beach et al. I like it.
For some reason, this unit is almost impossible to find.

Panasonic RP-HC500 Noise-Canceling Headphones

I travel alot these days. I wanted a decent set of cans without the cost of the Bose set. I went through every off the shelf noise cancelling set I could find, and a few in ear solutions as well. They all suck. I finally settled on this set. I love them. Serious noise cancellation, super comfort, decent sound. Removable 1/8 cord, harshell case. I like it.





Sansa E200 series w/ Rockbox



Ipod? No Thanks. $29 refurb Sansa 2GB E250. $12 4GB microSD. Rockbox installed. Whatever MP3 player you may have, see if you can put Rockbox on it. Way better. I've got a 6gb audio/video FM/voice recorder/player for $41. It plays DOOM. It has realtime audio plugins.
I like it.

No comments: