Monday, January 28, 2008

I approve, yes, keep them coming.




My son asked me why I'm always fixing everything. I've had a difficult time resting since we bought a house a few years ago. Homeownership is a full time hobby one old-timer told me. It never ends. My recent excursions into the uppper attic have dispelled some of the last bits of mystery about my house. My cat, Gibby, she wanted desperately to get up the ladder to explore one of the last areas unseen by feline eyes. Now that I have closet lights, cable and ethernet upstairs, I'm ready for clobberin time. Like Star Trek where something can't be seen until something is phase shifted, we realized that we are losing about 100 sq. feet of space due to poor door layout and closet door choices. So, hack and wack, that's what's next. I'm going to see if I can get a $20 Sawzall at a pawn shop and make a mess, or inspire another 'Dad broke the house' comment from my 3 yr old.

No comments: