Friday, January 11, 2008

The new phone solution.

So, if the communication companies are splicing our lines and providing the NSA with open access on all lines, then shouldn't those lines be free? Really, I don't give a flip about how easy or hard it is for someone to snoop on me, I don't give a care if I am being watched. Normally, when my opinion on something is needed, I get paid for it. (surveysavvy, prognostics, et al.) So, AT&T, Qwest, you can split my data lines off to the NSA, but you better not charge me full price for my service. I forget the sci-fi author (probably P.K.Dick) who put it in writing first, but in the future, communications are all free, just subsidised by a short advert at the top of each call. So, instead, imagine, free service that is up front about the monitoring of that service. The way I figure it, in this day and age, if you have something to hide, you had better communicate with pencil, paper, and homing pigeon, and even then, you are going to be on dozens of security camera logs.

No comments: