Thursday, October 06, 2005

Excellent Space Station Watching Weather

I stepped outside this morning for a super treat. I got to see the International Space Station pass overhead. A long path, took about 5 min to go across. Brighter than Venus in the west, fading as it went east. Way cool. It will be so neat when we finally have data glasses so that we can look up in the sky and see objects with labels. The sight of a single point of light moving in a straight line across the sky for minutes surely could be taken as a sign from god, or a as a god itself. A man-made god orbiting high above the earth. The most satellites I've seen at once is 5 one clear early evening in Hattiesburg, MS. We tought they were going to crash into each other!
Today is a panic day, so is the next 7 days or so... My big project is going live this Sunday. Not just for one city, but for 7 major metropolitan areas. So, my baby hasn't left me, but I've got a new place to dwell. It's in the Network Operations Center for the new DirecTV HD system. Not too bad, I've got over 1000 channels for my eyeballs to dwell upon. I may try to escape early today and hunt a geocache.

No comments: