Tuesday, October 18, 2005

More old pix

Here we have my good friend, Scott Panther at a birthday party that was 'dressy'. I wish I still had that poster. We were drinking fancy drinks all night.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And here we have The Stumpgrinders. I think this may have been their first show. We were at The Cooter's Estate in Oxford, MS one halloween many many years ago. You must go and take a gaze at the totally wicked wall of flyers they have .
Take a close look at the first several flyers, there are lots of Hattiesburg bands from wayyy back in the day. Atomic Jefferson, Before I Hang are just some of them...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Stumpgrinders pictured here are: Duffy Chase, Stoo Odom, (stoo's radio show) and Jay Mueller.
I did find an unusual reference from some CA college board: "
Stoo is still pretending to sing for the
"Stumpgrinders' Saturday Morning Otterpop and Boobies Review" (10 am
Saturday, Hattiesburg Mississippi local access, after Bill the Klansman's
"Man Must Not Mate with Ape Makeover Showcase"). Stoo has always known
"
that fucking was not the same as mating.

No comments: