Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Here's where I'm at today.


I used to be a rock and roller. Now I'm an engineer and a husband, and a father, and a homeowner. Not a rock & roller no mo. It's still in me, but the time and drive for those things has diminished. I currently am living in Castle Rock, CO, 20 mi. south of Denver, named for a prominent geological feature you can see from my backyard. It's a fine little place, formerly population of 20k or so, it is now undergoing the population explosion routine at maximum speed. More on that later. Back only a couple of years ago, I was stuck in the rut of Hattiesburg, MS. I met a wonderful woman who wanted the same things I did, so we got the heck outta there. We are now happily married. She is an art teacher for the local school district. We have a little baby named Ryan Parker Smith. He is 11 months old, starting to walk, and gabble words. He's gonna be quite a man one day.

Just like most of the best things in my life, A wonderful job has found me. Luck? Ya, I eat it for breakfast every day. I am involved in corporate-top-secret stuff. I hang out with nearly a billion dollars worth of high tech stuff everyday. I work on the software that monitors and controls all of it.
There's more, you just can't see the small ones from this far away...

See this pic? Take it and multiply it by 8. It's an incredible sensation to stand in front of something like that. Elvis would have quit playing music with a setup like this. I'm working on getting HD signals from local stations around the country and delivering them digitally to your home. It's huge. Rethink TV. really.

I can't divulge any juicy info, or revealing pics. I love my job.

No comments: